UCP of Greater Cleveland is proud to announce the inaugural Race to Empower
5k and One-Mile Family Fun Run, Sunday April 21, 2013!
The mission of UCP of Greater Cleveland is to empower children and adults with disabilities to advance their independence, productivity and inclusion in the community. Through cutting edge Children’s Therapy Services, Adult Vocational Services and Adult Residential Services, the agency provides tools and resources that allow individuals to show what they CAN do. Services are offered to individuals regardless of their financial circumstance, and all dollars raised through the Race to Empower directly benefit individuals right here in Northeast Ohio.
- Race will start and finish at UCP of Greater Cleveland headquarters (10011 Euclid Avenue)
- Race takes you along the edge of University Circle through Rockefeller Park and the Cleveland Cultural Gardens
- Early Packet Pick-up Saturday, April 20th at UCP of Greater Cleveland from 12:00-4:00 PM
- Race Day Registration and Packet Pick-up: 7:30 AM
- One-Mile Fun Run (non-timed): 9:00 AM
- 5k Run/Walk (Chip-timed): 9:00 AM
- Pre-Registration – $20
- Online Registration closes at 9:00 AM on Friday, April 19th
- Mail-in entries must be received by Wednesday, April 17th
- Race Day Registration – $25 (cash/check only)
- Kids under the age of 10 are FREE (mail-in registration only)
- Register online at www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/empower.asp or download the Race to Empower registration form here. Questions? Call 216-623-9933
Awards will be given to the top male and female finishers in the 5k and the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups:
10 & under, 11-14. 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65 & over
- Jogging Strollers and Wheelchairs Welcome
- All Participants receive a T-Shirt
- Fundraise online at www.active.com/donate/ucpracetoempower
- Corporate sponsorships are available! Click here to download a sponsorship form.
- Be a Race to Empower volunteer! Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities.