UCP of Greater Cleveland’s Business Advisory Committee (BAC) is a group of professionals in Northeast Ohio who volunteer their time and expertise to increase participation of area businesses in the employment of individuals with disabilities. The BAC works in conjunction with UCP staff members to build awareness about vocational programming through networking and contact development with local companies.
Specific work groups have been established toward the following objectives:
- Marketing Vocational Services programming to the community through enhanced materials, presentations and relationships with the corporate sector
- Expanding opportunities for Individual Job Placement of individuals with disabilities by identifying labor market trends and effective individual job search strategies, as well as building relationships with the local business community
- Expanding the number of Supported Employment Sites through targeted research on appropriate site development and networking with area businesses to increase awareness of the benefits of a diverse workforce
- Increasing the number of paid work opportunities for individuals with disabilities enrolled in the Organizational Employment Program through targeted research and networking to locate and develop meaningful outsourced projects for the agency’s workshop
The BAC is made up of business professionals from a broad spectrum of businesses and industries throughout Northeast Ohio representing various areas of expertise.
Current members include:
- LaToya C. Coleman, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Bridget Dippel, Swagelok
- Kevin Ellman, Oatey Company
- Annie Geiger, Fifth Third Bank
- Mary Lehane Fischietto, Moen Incorporated
- Dennis M. George, Progressive Plastics, Inc.
- Tom Horvath, Bureau of Services for the Visually Impaired
- Laura Kleinman, University Circle, Inc.
- Kenny Kling, PNC Financial Services
- Sandy Kubit, KeyCorp Nonprofit Services
- Teanisha T. Lavender, PNC Bank
- Niaunda Lyons, Defense Finance and Accounting Service
- Jennifer Marek, Time Warner Cable
- Tanya Randau, Oatey Company
- Edith Ricchiuto, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- Eric Ries, Minute Men Staffing Services
- Jeffrey Walker, TOA Technologies
- Patty Zirm, Cleveland Clinic Health System
For information about membership on the BAC, please contact Director of Vocational Services Paul Soprano at (216) 791-8363, ext 1258 or email@example.com.