Supported employment sites utilize a group of individuals working together in a community setting with continual support from an on-site UCP supervisor. UCP contracts with area businesses to develop work opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Client workers are employees of UCP, receive an hourly wage, accrue vacation and short-term leave and receive paid holidays. Companies are then billed for wages, as well as administrative and benefit fees.
Prior to placement, participants are pre-screened, interviewed and undergo a situational assessment to evaluate job match and skills. Work adjustment periods are also available to assist individuals in adapting to work schedules and demands. During work adjustment, there is no charge to the host employer.
Examples of Jobs include:
- Customer Service Positions
- Reception and Clerical Work
- Food and Hospitality Services
- Data Entry
- Janitorial Work
- Mail Room and Copy Services
- Light Industrial Work
Current Supported Employment Partners include:
- Aramark Parks and Destinations (Metroparks Zoo)
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland MetroParks/Zoo
- Event Network
- Home Lending Source
- Fifth Third Bank
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Lorain County Community College (Project SEARCH site)
- Moen, Inc.
- Oatey Company
- Oatey Supply Chain Services
- Parma Community General Hospital (Project SEARCH site)
- PNC Bank
- Reese Pharmaceutical Company
- United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland
For more information about Supported Employment, please contact:
Sharon Meixner at (216) 791-8363, ext. 1261 or email@example.com.