LeafBridge Family Resources
Every child who participates in therapy at LeafBridge is provided Family Resources that include comprehensive case management, parent education and family-centered social and support activities.
Case Management Services
Case management services at LeafBridge are designed to meet the specific needs of each child and family. A social service professional works directly with families to develop an Individual Service Plan (ISP), including determining the family’s resources, needs and concerns as they relate to their child’s development.
- Navigating and Securing Funding for Essential Services
- Service Coordination with Available Community Resources
- Therapy Services
- Health/Medical Services
- Nutritional Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Support Groups
- Parenting Skills Development
- Basic Family Needs
- Support in Solving Personal and Family Challenges
- Support with Crisis Management
- Assistance with School Transition Planning
- Assistance with Transition into Adult Services
- Support and Advocacy during Individual Education Plan Process
UCP case managers work with families to identify current and potential issues, as well as to provide assistance in problem solving. Case managers and therapists may attend medical appointments, funding meetings and/or school meetings to advocate for the child on behalf of the family. For more information about the Case Management Program, please contact Children and Family Services Manager Celia Chesnick at (216) 791-8363, ext. 1260 or email@example.com.
Coping with the stress of daily life can be a unique challenge for families of children with special needs. As part of the holistic, family-centered care model at LeafBridge, the agency provides parents and caregivers comprehensive support and education to assist them as their children grow. Parent education is provided one-on-one and in small groups, offering educational modules and events that encourage a more developmentally supportive environment at home and in the community. Examples of topics include:
- Estate Planning
- Individual Education Plan Process
- Federal and State Financial Support
- Transitional Planning
- Individual Family Planning Processes
- Sibling Issues
- Spasticity Management
- Recreational Programming for Children with Special Needs
- Assistive Technology
- Discipline Issues
- Nutrition and Diet
The agency also holds annual family recreational events and other community educational forums for UCP families and the general public. For more information about the LeafBridge Family Resources, please contact Children and Family Services Manager Celia Chesnick at (216) 791-8363, ext. 1260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.