Business Advisory Committee
UCP of Greater Cleveland’s Business Advisory Committee (BAC) is a group of professionals in Northeast Ohio who volunteer their time and expertise to increase participation of area businesses in the employment of individuals with disabilities. The BAC works in conjunction with OakLeaf staff members to build awareness about OakLeaf programming through networking and contact development with local companies.
Specific work groups have been established toward the following objectives:
- Marketing OakLeaf Partners programming to the community through enhanced materials, presentations and relationships with the corporate sector
- Expanding opportunities for Individual Job Placement of individuals with disabilities by identifying labor market trends and effective individual job search strategies, as well as building relationships with the local business community
- Increasing the number of paid work opportunities for individuals with disabilities enrolled in the OakLeaf Job Training Program through targeted research and networking to locate and develop meaningful outsourced projects for the job training workshop
UCP of Greater Cleveland has two established BACs, one in Cuyahoga County and one in Lorain County. Both BACs are made up of business professionals from a broad spectrum of businesses and industries throughout Northeast Ohio representing various areas of expertise.
The following businesses are currently represented on our Cuyahoga County BAC:
- ACN Inc
- Brecksville-Broadview Hts. City School District
- CGB Tech Solutions
- City of Rocky River
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland Metroparks
- Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
- Fifth Third Bank, Northeastern Ohio
- Forest City Enterprises
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- KeyBank Enterprise Commercial Payments
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Microtell Management Services, Inc.
- New York Community Bancorp, Inc.
- Oatey SCS
- PNC Financial Services
- Townsend Group
The following businesses are currently represented on our Lorain County BAC:
- AJ Rose Company
- Atlas Cinemas Midway Mall 8
- Avon Oaks Caring Community
- Best Buy
- BrandPivot Inc.
- Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation/Lorain County
- City of Avon Lake
- City of Lorain
- City of North Ridgeville
- City of Sheffield Village
- Crane Aerospace
- Day’s Inn & Suites
- Famous Footwear
- French Creek YMCA
- Keystone Pointe
- Lorain County Community College
- MJ Griffith Paving, Inc.
- Ridge Cleaners
- Supply Chain Edge LLC
- Triangle Services
For information about membership on the BAC, please contact Director of OakLeaf Services Paul Soprano at (216) 791-8363, ext 1258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.