Business Advisory Committee
UCP of Greater Cleveland’s Business Advisory Committee (BAC) is a group of professionals in Northeast Ohio who volunteer their time and expertise to increase participation of area businesses in the employment of individuals with disabilities. The BAC works in conjunction with UCP staff members to build awareness about vocational programming through networking and contact development with local companies.
Specific work groups have been established toward the following objectives:
- Marketing Vocational Services programming to the community through enhanced materials, presentations and relationships with the corporate sector
- Expanding opportunities for Individual Job Placement of individuals with disabilities by identifying labor market trends and effective individual job search strategies, as well as building relationships with the local business community
- Expanding the number of Supported Employment Sites through targeted research on appropriate site development and networking with area businesses to increase awareness of the benefits of a diverse workforce
- Increasing the number of paid work opportunities for individuals with disabilities enrolled in the Organizational Employment Program through targeted research and networking to locate and develop meaningful outsourced projects for the agency’s workshop
The year 2014 marked the creation of the Lorain County Business Advisory Committee (BAC), spearheaded by Community Employment Program Coordinator, Greg Zaryk. The Lorain County BAC is a dedicated group of specially selected business professionals in the Lorain County area who wish to volunteer their time and expertise to collaborate with UCP Staff members to increase awareness, involvement and participation of local businesses in UCP’s development and deployment of employment opportunities for persons with disabilities The Lorain County committee’s goal is more Project SEARCH-specific in its goals than our Cuyahoga County BAC. The Lorain BAC has grown to over twenty active members and led directly to several Project SEARCH student job placements, as well as a formal connection to Northeast Ohio Petco locations, which UCP hopes to develop into a work adjustment/training and placement site in the near future. This is a good indication of the benefits that this committee has and the outcomes it will lead to in the future. Both BACs are made up of business professionals from a broad spectrum of businesses and industries throughout Northeast Ohio representing various areas of expertise.
Current members from the Cuyahoga BAC include individuals from:
- ACN Inc
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Brecksville-Broadview Hts. City School District
- CGB Tech Solutions
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland Metroparks
- Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
- Fifth Third Bank, Northeastern Ohio
- Forest City Enterprises
- Home Depot, Store 3820 – West Cleveland
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- KeyBank Enterprise Commercial Payments
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Cityof Rocky River
- Microtell Management Services, Inc.
- Minute Men
- New York Community Bancorp, Inc.
- Oatey SCS
- PNC Financial Services
- Townsend Group
- Weston Hurd LLC
Current members from the Lorain BAC include individuals from:
- Atlas Cinemas Midway Mall 8
- Avon Oaks Caring Community
- Best Buy
- BrandPivot Inc.
- Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation/Lorain County
- City of North Ridgeville
- City of Sheffield Village
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Famous Footwear
- The Home Depot
- Lorain County Community College
- Marco’s Pizza
- MJ Griffith Paving, Inc.
- Ramada Elyria
- Sherwin Williams
- Carol Shinsky, Parent Advocate
For information about membership on the BAC, please contact Director of OakLeaf Services Paul Soprano at (216) 791-8363, ext 1258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.