OakLeaf Job Training Services
OakLeaf Job Training Services are designed to foster vocational independence for adults with moderate to severe disabilities. Individuals are encouraged to accept vocational and social challenges within an integrated setting with the least restrictions possible. Participant needs are assessed through a person-centered planning process and reviewed periodically for progress in meeting stated goals.
UCP’s Wolstein Center houses an on-site workshop and computer lab to offer individuals the opportunity to learn and practice work skills with necessary supports. The intent of Job Training Services is to be a transitional service preparing individuals for work in the community. The agency contracts with area businesses to provide piece-rate work, and individuals receive a paycheck based upon individual productivity.
Individualized Services include:
- Transitional work to prepare individuals for work in the community
- Career exploration and planning to help clients to discover work preferences and learn job seeking skills
- Employment focused training that supports individuals in building hard and soft job skills to transition into work in the community
- Situational Assessments
- Work Adjustment (Clerical, Janitorial, Light Industrial)
- Short-Term Employment
- Secure Document Shredding
- Light Assembly
- Bulk Mailing
- Data Entry
Examples of Contract Business Partners:
- Ford Motor Company
- Gordon Food Service
- Graffiti, Inc.
- North American Plastics (NORAMCO)
- Reese Pharmaceutical
- Todd Insurance
- University Circle, Inc.
- Ver-A-Fast Corporation
Support is provided as needed in areas such as mobility, activities of daily living, personal care, community awareness and personal growth and development. Community outings and an array of social, therapeutic, recreational and educational activities are also available. Transportation services may be available for clients enrolled in OakLeaf services.
For more information on OakLeaf Job Training Services, please contact: Crystal Winters at (216) 791-8363, ext. 1263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.