UCP of Greater Cleveland is the official charity of the Cleveland Triathlon, and as part of our agreement with the race producers, we are in charge of recruiting and coordinating the activities of the majority of volunteers during the event. Volunteers not only ensure a smooth and successful race, but they also contribute to UCP’s ability to raise funds for services as the Official Charity of the Cleveland Triathlon. For every volunteer that assists during the race weekend, UCP receives a donation from the race producers.
Watching families participate in the Cleveland Triathlon is one of the most inspirational moments to witness. Disabilities touch so many people, either through their own personal experience or that of a loved one. Be inspired! Be a part of Team UCP’s success by participating as a volunteer!
An event of this scale takes a huge commitment of manpower, and we cannot do it without your help. Volunteers are needed for the following stations:
- Goody Bag Stuffing – If you aren’t able to make it on Sunday, but would still like to help, volunteers are needed to stuff racer goody bags on Friday, July 25th from 5:00 – 8:00pm.
- Expo Day – Friendly faces are needed to hand out packets, t-shirts, and goody bags on Saturday, July 26th from 9:00am –5:00pm. Various shifts are available.
- Directional Posts – Direct racers throughout the race route. Loud, lively people required. Motivating and encouraging racers throughout their race is a vital part of the racer experience!
- Fluid Stations – Distribute water at one of the several fluid stations. Keeping racers hydrated is imperative for a safe race! (This is great for a group of friends to do together!)
- Youth Race – Assist young racers ages 7-14 who are participating in their very own triathlon!
Additional Volunteer Information:
Training will be provided by the Cleveland Triathlon and UCP staff on Thursday, July 24th from 4:00 – 6:30pm at UCP headquarters (10011 Euclid Avenue). Additional information will be sent out to all confirmed volunteers closer to the training date.
Corporate groups, networking groups, and youth groups are all welcome to volunteer together. Groupings will be dependent on assignment availability.
If you are interested, please call Emily Hastings at 216-453-4944 or email email@example.com to sign up to volunteer! Make sure to indicate your volunteer preference and your t-shirt size.